Hidden resentments. Do you harbor any animosities or seething anger? If so, this post is written especially for you….
Emotion is energy that needs to stay in motion. (E = energy + emotion = emotion.) And when that emotion/energy is stuffed, or stifled, it WILL either seep out or explode out as angry rage, or if left stuffed and stifled, that non-circulating energy can do bodily harm….
Are hidden resentments killing you?
Since October is breast cancer awareness month, I thought I would address the issue of breast cancer and living an authentic life. Although breast cancer and living an authentic life may seem like two things that don’t belong in the same thread, this post will make a nice weave of the two…. There truly is a connection.
“Nurturing” is one of the most beautiful traits in the feminine power tools box.
Women nurture by nature. We take care of offspring, loved-ones, of our closest allies, of our community, sometimes we even take on the care of perfect strangers. And when the needs of those in our sphere of influence are taken care of, we may even stretch further to nurture and care for those in other countries, supporting orphanages and schools for children.
All of that nurturing is a beautiful feminine principle. It’s when we give too much and don’t give our SELF the same level of care and nurturing that we get into trouble….
Think for a moment about the purpose of breasts. They are for providing nurturing nourishment. And when women over-extend ourselves, we may feel like we are the teat to the world. That can lead to trouble. On the one end of the spectrum, there may be resentment, passive-aggressive behavior, a lack of self-care, a feeling of being overwhelmed and undervalued. And on the other end of the spectrum there may be a clear sense of dis-ease, which manifests eventually into diseases, often deadly.
It’s that disease factor that is the catalyst for today’s post. Annual mammograms may save lives, but it’s mindfulness of your lifestyle that will prevent disease in the first place. Please don’t wait for a doctor to advise you to have a biopsy before you finally decide to place YOUR NEEDS on the front burner. It’s YOUR LIFE. Own it. Take responsibility for the care and upkeep of you, as if you are the most precious being on the planet. Because guess what, you ARE!
An ounce of prevention…
The Benjamin Franklin axiom that, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” is never more true than it is today. We are living in a fast-paced, radiation-infused world. That means we MUST be DILIGENT in carving out time and space for our own wellness.
Prevention means being mindful of your ‘whole’ self, mind-body-spirit care and wellness. So with that in mind, what will you do for yourself today to put your needs first? And what will you do tomorrow….
Some ideas for self-care are:
- Take an Artist’s Date with yourself, to someplace that feeds your soul and gets your creative juices flowing.
- Take an extended bath in a scent that takes you to that inner sacred chamber.
- Journal your emotions as an outlet so they are not held captive in your body.
- Spend 15-30 minutes in tranquil contemplation of your life with a focus on blessings.
- Give yourself permission to do whatever you love to do, and then do it.
- Mindfully shop for and prepare meals made with healthy, clean ingredients.
- Mindfully drink water that you intend to flush your system of anything toxic.
- Listen to soul soothing music that lifts your spirits.
- Plug into intelligence thru high-consciousness podcasts or video such as Gaia provides.
- Take a walk in nature and listen; there is much to be learned during walks.
- Connect with a friend who uplifts you and reminds you to be your authentic self.
- Do something charitable, not because you “should” but because it fills you with delight.
- Clean out your closets and drawers and let go of items that no longer fit your lifestyle.
There are limitless ways to practice wellness, at a mind-body-spirit level. And none of that matters if you fail to take mindful action daily. That means, when you are finished reading this, don’t just get back on that hamster wheel of social media, or busy-ness. Rather, commit to doing something for you. And then do it. Unplug the technology. Leave it for 30 minutes or so. Be solely with yourself. Invest in your wellness. You are worth the time and care that you afford to others.
PS~ Have you ENROLLED in Becoming YOUR Beautiful Authentic Self yet?
This is the course to take to create the life you desire and deserve. ENROLL TODAY. Classes start Oct 13th.