Why areÂ humans walking around inÂ pain?
Gestalt means whole, and results in near-miracles by focusing awareness on alignment of mind, body, spirit connectedness. Most humans are walking around in pain due primarily to feelings of isolation. SeparationÂ on a globe filled with over 7 BILLION people seems like an oxymoran, and yet here we are: Skyrocketing suicide and homicide rates;Â ridiculously highÂ self-medication taking place;Â fractured families;Â anger-management issues; a seemingly endless list of human sufferings.
There is a GAP so wide, that many people are bailing out. Consciously, or subconsciously, there are multiple means to ensuring one leave sooner than later. Consider the socially acceptable ways of committing suicide: Smoking; Drug Use; Sugar in-take: Poor diet; Poor sleep habits; Exposure to stress; Reckless driving; Poor hygiene; Sedentary lifestyle; Cutting; Alcohol Addiction; Death by cop.
Suicide and homicide are the same coin. Suicide is pain turned inward. Homicide is pain turned outward. Both are as a result of feeling isolated.
Bridge the gapÂ and heal the wounded ‘self’
To ask the questions, and/or to present the problems with no answers or solutions would be irresponsible. And so, I offer this list of possibilitiesÂ as a potential first steps in healing the pains inflicted by life events.
- Journal. Write your feelings down and explore those emotions on paper.
- Clarity comes oftenÂ as a result of focusing on the feelings, so explore the feeling.
- Stop drinking, smoking, and taking drugs. All of these suppressÂ emotions, and all are depressant. You’re depressed enough without adding to it! STOP.
- Be bigger than any addiction. Join a support group to verbalize your addiction even if it’s an addiction to stress and/or drama.
- Read. Go to your community library and read about others who have overcome issues.
- Create a life map*; a drawing of your past, your present, and your future in that order.
- Focus on self-care including a healthy diet free of additives, preservatives, and refined sugars.
- Get moving: Go for a walk in nature; Go for an artist’s date** in a museum;Â Walk around your block; JUST MOVE it!
- Identify one specific message you learned as a child about who you are. Journal it.***
- Download the STARTÂ Module 1 and complete it.
- Meditate every day for at least 15 minutes, sober. ANYONE can commit to 15 minutes! NO EXCUSES!
- In your journal, express gratitude for at least 5 things daily, regardless of how tough the day has been.
Tools for Transformation
Click here to get some fantastic meditation MindBodySpirit Music
*Life Mapping is a technique used to determine the foundation of the problem, to identify where you are currently as a starting point, and to decide where exactly you wish to be in the future. As simple as it appears, Life Mapping is a very empowering tool.
** Artist’s Date: Schedule a standard date with yourself weekly, and go out to explore things that interest you. If you’re bored, you’re boring, so go out and feed that inner thirst for art, or music, or for whatever legal activity fills your soul. Go alone! You are exploring what it is to be you. Pay attention to how you feel as you are out exploring your interests.Â For more information on Artist’s Dates check out ‘The Artist’s Way’ by Julia Cameron.Â
*** Internalized Messages & Hot-Seat. To learn more about Gestalt Hot-Seat work, you may wish to purchase Escaping the Chrysalis: Introduction to Gestalt Techniques for Self-Esteem Transformation.
Both book covers are hyperlinked to Amazon.com. Clicking on either cover will take you out of this site and into Amazon.com for purchase.
This blog post, of course, is not meant to diagnose or treat any dis-ease, disease, or illness. It would be impossible to do so in a post.
This post is designed to give you a fresh perspective which is increased self-awareness.Â It is my hope that you will take this self-awareness approach to consciously create a shift in your life. If you are in pain, you can release that pain and reach undreamed of goals. The key is to take that first step forward into your future. When you have taken the steps above, if you feel you would like to schedule a free discovery session to see if we’re a good fit for further facilitated growth, download the Confidential Self-Esteem Assessment QuestionnaireÂ by visiting our SERVICES PAGE, and then schedule the FREE Discovery Session through theÂ form at the bottom right corner of this site.Â
Life is too short to live it in pain. Let go, and let gestalt show you the life of your desires.
And since you’ve read to this point, here’s a FREE bonus for you:
Live long and thrive.